Recipes

Recipes

Theatre reviews

Recipes

Science of baking

Recipes

Bakery Reviews

Recipes (or add your own index title)

Cakes

Recipes (or add your own index title)

Biscuits

Recipes (or add your own index title)

Tarts, pies and other pastries

Recipes (or add your own index title)

Breads

Recipes (or add your own index title)

Others

Thursday 3 January 2013

Paul Hollywood's 8 strand plaited loaf

The recipe is on the BBC website. It is easy to follow and it works really well, so I won't go through the recipe again here.
Link to recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/eight-strand_plaited_57815

Tip
When it says roll out each piece to 40cm, make sure it's thin and 40cm or even slightly longer, otherwise it will be difficult to plait towards the end and you will have quite a short loaf of bread like mine!

Also, it says 10g salt in this recipe, I actually find it a bit too salty for my liking, so if you prefer your bread more bland, reduce it to 5g.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for braving the 8 strand loaf. I rolled my pieces out quite long when I did mine which definitely helped, the ends still ended up a bit messy though. Oh well, practice makes perfect! I didn't use Paul Hollywood's recipe though, I used one of my own. FYI the recipe link isn't clickable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The link is also functioning now

    ReplyDelete